SQL FULL JOIN | SQL Intro | SQL JOINS |Tutorialplanet
SQL is a specially build to manipulate the data on Relational Database. SQL stands for Structured Query Language and it is also called as declarative language because it defines data syntax and manipulates that data syntax. we are learning about SQL FULL JOIN
FULL JOIN or FULL OUTER JOIN IN SQL
WE used to join the multiple sql table rows ,when meet the specific condition on sql query . We have four different type of joins IN SQL ,to fetch the records from the SQL tables
- Those are INNER JOIN,LEFT JOIN,RIGHT JOIN and FULL JOIN ,here we go with each of the sql joins .
- We need two sql tables ,to perform any sql join operations .In our case we have two sql tables with name DUKE and INFO_DUKE as show below
- The sql duke table hold firstname, lastname, displayname, location, mobile and qualification of the some “x” developer.
- The sql duke_info table hold the detail information of some “x” developer firstname, address_line1, address_line2, location, mobile, country and qualification
SQL FULL JOIN :
- The main use of sql full join is fetch the records of both sql tables.
- The unmatched records of the both tables ,will be displayed with null value
- SQL FULL JOIN and SQL FULL OUTER JOIN both are same
According to above screenshot the red color indicates the left-hand side sql table ,for easy understanding and the green color indicates the right-hand side sql table
Here we go with one of the example of sql full join
Sample query :-
SELECT * FROM DUKE
FULL JOIN INFO_DUKE
ON DUKE.FIRSTNAME = INFO_DUKE.FIRSTNAME;
Sample output of the above sql query
Thanks for reading this article on tutorialplanet.in 🙂 like my page to more articles